Thursday, October 25, 2007

Real Talk 7: You can get with this...



It's been a minute fam, we got catching up to do. Been a little hectic lately, after taking a new job with a well known fruit company I haven't got as much time as I used to. Rest assured though we here at CB don't punch girls and we don't punch a clock. That being said, hectic Halloween weekend coming up, here's a few tunes to get you to the club and back.

Black Sheep - The Choice Is Yours
Gotta kick it off with the classic. Another one stumbled upon while trying to to clean up my laptop for Leopard, I think the first time I caught this joint was on some mashup mix I got back in another lifetime and the drop immediately stood out; "Engine engine number nine...", beat is pure magic, soul samples and all. It also helps that the video is still miles ahead of everything else too. Crack rocks to chrome records. Serious.

Lil' Flip - This Is The Way We Ball
Takin' it third coast for a minute, my FAVORITE tune from Flipper. Almost checked the curb when I was pushin' something new the other day with XM installed (which I am TOTALLY sold on, by the way). Video on this one is totally ridiculous as well. Crew angle and karaoke to boot? You gotta be joking. Sing song chorus and Flip running the label angle into how he'd like to holler at the VP. Purists hate all you want, dude's got swagger.

Kanye West - The Good Life (feat. T-Pain)
"Graduation" is going HARD. I'll be the first to admit that I called it wrong, and I won't even go re-edit the last post so you can keep the evidence. I heard "Stronger" three times just walking down Greenville the other night, no lie. Video for this one takes the cake. So-Me (of Ed Banger fame) came through and totally killed it. Best green screen EVER. Feel good jam of the year, on the real.

Pitbull - Go Girl (feat. Trina)
New joint from the bottom, really the only major thing that's caught my ear lately. Slow creepin' beat with a nice Cuban influence, and that chorus that everyone loves to chant. Nothing short of infectious. And when was the last time you saw the diamond princess makin' moves? I know right. Pitbull tends to be slept on mostly, especially when he switches up the flow, be on the lookout for "The Boatlift" when it drops.

The Soul Searchers - Blow Your Whistle
A little bit different but I can't seem to get this one out of my head. Swizz went diggin' in the crates to find the sample for Eve's "Tambourine" but the original is just as hot. One for the record but a hype party tune you need to know anyway.

And also, don't forget to check out the dude Sober choppin' it up with the Lost Generation crew at Fallout tonight, time to get your weekend started!

Fallout Lounge
835 Exposition Ave.
Dallas, TX 75226

-CTRL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home