Friday, August 31, 2007

En la Calle 19: Beer Me Now



Below are some tracks that we are feeling right now. You know the drill, click, listen and if you like what you hear..download for the ipod! Just in time to start the labor day weekend off right.


KLASSEN

Black Moth Super Rainbow - Sun Lips
I am starting a new night in austin on sept 13th at a place called Spider House. Spider House is one of best thought out coffee houses I have ever seen in my life. It reminds me of listening to sun drenched french pop, I feel the same way listening to this. I suggest highly that you should check them out on their upcoming tour with Aesop Rock.... believe me, I dont get it either.

Jimmy Spicer - Money (dollar bill yall)
I been looking for this for a long time, both digital copy and vinyl copy. Thanks to my dudes at Ace (one of the best labels in the world), I get the digital copy in all its glory. I swear once a time machine is built you can say goodbye to me because I moving to New York from the years of 79-84....mark my words. This is just classic neck snap shit

Nicole Willis and the Soul Investigators - feeling free
this is a big summer tune for me. I love the lyrics and the strings of course kill me. Apparently Ms. Willis was the original singer for Deee-lite and decided to step out before anything really took off for the group. I am glad that she took the direction that she did, I mean no disrepespect towards the always amazing Towa Tei and Lady Miss Kier, but yo this almost the real deal. If you are a fan of Sharon Jones then this should be the next thing to purchase. Also, check out The Black Angels. They are from Austin and on the same label, Light in the Attic, which is just killing it with every release.


NATURE

Alborosie - Kingston Town
BIG TUNE!!!!!!!! So much heat coming off of this tune. It’s been on burn in NY for a few months now but Dallas doesn’t know about this yet. The hook is gonna stay with you for days but the deal sealer is really the last verse. Talking about rubber suit wearin’ rude girls playing you for your fucking billetes. “Dem a play you one trick if you a mama’s boy….” It’s a tough man town. MURDER!!!!!!

Mr. Vegas - Gangsta Law
Vegas takes this flipped up Taxi Riddim and murks it the fuck out. Plenty of burners on this riddim, with Buju’s “Driver” tune kinda taking the cake. However Vegas, rides this riddim like a fucking champ. During one of my recent “food or fun” moments a few months back I had to pass on this 7” and I’ve been kicking myself in the ass over it ever since. Lucky for all of us times have changed. Your boy’s got his money right and you’re rocking with that new taxi cab shit.

Shabba Ranks - Heart of a Lion
This isn’t new, and if you know this tune then I’m sure you not even reading this anymore… HUGE TUNE. Shabba goes soooooo hard this. Lion sounds in the tune. Sick ones. Bass line is out control, rock type guitar sets its off at the jump, then you get some more animal sounds, then Shabba straight MURDERS it for 4 bars, and THEN the drums drop in. The riddim is called Heathen, and dude even worked the words Satan and Demon into the hook, it’s over. Over over.


SOBER

Cool Kids - Gold & A Pager (Klever's Ride Big Mixxx)
The homie Klever did this Cool Kids remix a while back and it's a proper one. The Big Ride remix is a lot different from the uptempo mix, Klever gives it that slow roast treatment. Chi Town with a little Crunk twist.

Kanye West - Stronger (A-Trak Remix)
A-Track murders this one! I'm sure all of you are familiar with this tune or at least the hook. This version is more of an up tempo club track that's guaranteed to set the dance floor a blaze. Stay tuned for more heat from A-Trak on his label Fools Gold.

Yung Joc Feat. Gorilla Zoe - Bottle Poppin
Gorilla Zoe has got that ill raspy voice. Yung Joc takes the hook from Zoe's Hood Figga hit, throws the screwed & chopped treatment on it...bangin'. Both of these dudes go hard on the track. I called the hood Figga track months before it hit radio... now let's see the bottles pop!


SELECT

Pop It Off Boys - Crank dat Batman
Crank Dat is some crazy shit lately. You already know we have been playing this record for a minute but there some remixes that have been killing it. First is the Crank Dat Batman, basically another dance to the same tune really, almost some riddim shit but with hiphop. Go look it up on youtube shit is fucking fresh.

Buju Banton - Circumstances(Crank Dat Pop Rawkus Remix)
Then my other track is a blend of a dope Buju track called "circumstance" you can play this track out and most of the people won't understand why or who but just know this shit is crazy! Go look for some of the other uptempo remixes and juke remixes...trust shit is fire!


CTRL ALT DEL

The White Stripes - 300M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues
Consider this a late entry into the summer jams posted already, ya'll know I wouldn't have kept you waiting save for being on my death bed. But on the real, this is what does it. Title seems all too appropriate considering the weather lately, right? Right. Remember how you dug through your parents' record collection thinking Hendrix and Page and all those dudes were musical gods? Jack White is gonna be on that level when your kids come around. Serious. Garage rock is dead, long live garage rock.

Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul (Fake Blood Remix)
First off, if you haven't heard Ghettoblaster, do so. All else is null. Fake Blood is killin' it on the remix tip, taking Armand's approach to those clean choppy breaks and rubin' a little bit of nasty on 'em, and we all love nasty. Set your iTunes equalizer to "Flat" or else you're in for a nasty suprise.

Matt & Kim - Yeah Yeah (Bobby Evans Remix feat. Jimmy Jamz)
Ladies' game is not tight this summer! Must be too much Rihanna or something? First Pharoahe Monch ran that Rehab remix and now this joint? Very WNBA-esque, I'm thinking. Step your game up ladies! Bobby comes with the upbeat head nod on this one, perfect for the little sunny breaks between monsoon downpour while Jimmy runs the track all over the female populace, lettin' 'em know. Caught a Matt & Kim sticker on the back of a Scion out here in the suburbs the other day and it looked like a hipster DART. Get on board quick before the fun's over for all of us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiddrae254 said...

Hmmm I think we need to Crank dat Urkle dance..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hoy73YEkIAw

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home