Thursday, May 03, 2007

Real Talk 4: Do you know?

Kickin' off this segment with a YouTube video, it's just too funny...


Down AKA Kilo - Lean Like A Cholo
So this tune's finally getting some radio play, caught it on CASA 104 this morning. West coast is doing it's thing again, another screwed chorus (these things get me EVERY TIME), and a nice synthy beat go hard. Down rides the beat pretty sparse, gives the whole track a nice bounce. If you thought leanin' died with with rockin', you were dead wrong, sucker! Just watch the video.

Rob G - Reppin' My Block (Remix)(feat. Lil Keke & Slim Thug)
This track's been hot for a minute, but who other than the resurrected, reborn, infamous Don Ke and the North side's official boss hogg to do it like it needs to be done? Screwed chorus, LOUD production with those steel drums we mentioned a few En La Calle's back, call it a home team anthem.

Fixxers - Can U Werk Wit Dat (feat. DJ Quik & AMG)
Shouts to my girls Felicia & Kecia again, holdin' me down on this one. Jerky production with a nice synth line. Quik may be droppin' the DJ but I ain't tryin' to hear none of that, especially when he's rapping about how he likes his eggs cooked. Put this on blast so next time your girl acts up you can make sure she works with that. Nahmean?

Lil' Wayne - Upgrade U Freestyle
Not sure if this is officially on Drought 3 or not, it isn't on any tracklistings I've seen and it's not on the copy I have. Whatever. So many one liners in this I'm not even gonna try and quote. I told you the summer belongs to Wayne. Believe.

HAWK, Lil' Keke & Big Pokey - Cold In The Game
'Nuff said.





-CTRL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home