Tuesday, January 16, 2007

ROXY COTTONTAIL (here to rock the party)



HOW DID YOU LINK UP WITH AARON LACRATE?
I linked with Aaron LaCrate when he approached me about the B’more Gutter Music Mixtape. He wanted to feature Low B, Amanda Blank & Spankrock. We did a bunch of parties together to set off the Baltimore Club music sound. Soon after, he asked me to go in the studio and record. We did “Oxy’s Anthem” together featured production by Debonair Samir.

WHEN DID YOU MAKE THE TRANSITION FROM B’MORE TO NY?
I first moved to NYC when I was 17. I was a freshman at Pratt Institute of Art & Design. I’ve been here for a while with a brief hiatus in Philly for a year. After 911, I moved back to NYC because Philly moves a little slow for me.

WHAT PROJECTS ARE YOU CURRENTLY WORKING ON?
I’m working on a lot of music, recording, writing music, throwing parties, booking shows, traveling, working on a live show and writing for MISSBEHAVE Magazine.

YOU HAVE BEEN PROMOTING AND DJ-ING FOR A MINUTE. WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO START MC-ING AND MAKING YOUR OWN TRACKS?
I started making music a looonng time ago. When I was 15, I had a punk band in high school called “Fox Deluxe” but I dropped it when I moved to NYC for school. My mom is music teacher so it’s naturally in my blood. Amanda really inspired me to get in the studio last year. She has a so much fun with it and I knew I would too because of we have fun doing anything and everything. After I did the first track, I knew I wanted to take my career in music to another level. I have a different sound and things to say that haven’t been heard.

WHAT ARE 5 TRACKS YOU ARE BUMPING RIGHT NOW?
DJ Tameil – “ Trans-Newark Express”
Mickey Avalon – “Waiting to Die”
The Paserock ft. Spankrock, Santi & Amanda Blank
Loos Joints – “Is it All Over My Face"
Roxy Cottontail – “Kate Moss”

Roxy Cottontail - "You Don't See"



Catch Roxy this Saturday Jan. 20th at Zubar (2012 Greenville Ave.) holding it down with Me & $elect! -SOBER

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home