Monday, January 22, 2007

En La Calle 13 : Fuck Them Bitches



These are the joint's that are about to shut Dallas and Austin down. Downloads are down and to the ---------->
As you know, you got a week to grab em. -CB

PRINCE KLASSEN
Aloe Blacc - "Find Your Way"
This joint is straight from the "I am beautiful" vinyl EP. I am convinced this man can do no wrong. Dude has the voice, the production, and the raps. show this one to your lady and its over, either she is trying to get aloe on the phone or she is trying to get you into bed... You choose.

Darkel - "Destroy Your TV"
One half of french group air! I have anxiously been awaiting the new Air album and this does me just fine. A bit more aggressive than most would expect, but just as beautiful and out of this world. I'm telling you, I was a frenchman in a past life.

The Prototypes - "Tir Aux Pigeons"
Another french group... I dont know what it is, but I've had this ongoing thing with the french for some time now (still talking music here). The prototypes finally get their American debut thanks to minty fresh records. A punk/electro/rock group that definitely reminds me of stereo total, but not as cornball.

$ELECT
Jr. Reid - "Funny Man"
After the colabo “This is why I’m hot” remix with Mims (gunfiregunfiregunfire), Jr. Reid is still blazing!!!! This record to me is a definite street banger. It kind of feels a bit like “Notorious” by Turbulence. Google airhorn sounds...

Kelis - "Fuck them Bitches"
I understand why Nas is caught up with this girl. When her first record pushed thru to radio and the videos started dropping I was really into her flava. She has always been on a completely different level than the rest of these "RNB" artists. I'm assuming this is her track telling other chicks to get off of her and Nas. For various reasons I can't stop humming this shit... "fuck them bitches..." Maybe I should chill on all that...

NATURE
Max Glazer feat Cham - "Girl (I Got a Story To Tell)"
Got this joint from my guy Neil Nice the other day. Cham, Federation Sound, and biggie beats??? Pow.

Fat Joe, T.I. R.Kelly, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne "Make It Rain (Remix)"
Roxanne!!!!! My god. They don't get any doper than this. Scott Storchy intro, it's Lean Back for 2007. Little Wayne on the hook??? RKells??? The line up ALONE is retarded. A couple years ago some A&R would have used this song to try and build some rap super group record or something. Come to think of it, this is like those LL joints where they brought out all the nasty mutherfuckers that don't normally murder verses on the same track to throw some shine on LL only there's no LL on this... Na, Na, this is like the Flaver in Ya Ear remix, but without the weak Craig Mack verse. Ahhh whatever... It's fucking FIRE.

Mr. Vegas - "Build Back" // Movado "Gun Battle"
Last time I was in the city I spent a couple afternoons with my guy DeBeck at Deadly Dragon. He told me about these joints back then and I never really got around to listening to them... The WIPE OUT Riddim is just like he described it. "It's wipeout, and they're singing over it". These tunes are the type of insanity that could ONLY come from Jamaica. Mr. Vegas is the new Mr. Vegas (see Yard Man) and Movado is well, blazing. More reasons why JA runs this.


SOBER
UGK feat. Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap - "Up Next"
Kind of an up tempo track from dem Texas boys. UGK teams up with two of their influences, lyrical heavyweights Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap over a Marley Marl beat! This track that ol' boom bap with some southern swag..tall t's and timz, works for me.

Tum Tum & Prince - "Rep It Rep It"(feat. Double A & Pooh)
I just came up on this Swat team mix tape and I gotta say there is some hometown heat on this joint. They take the Jr Writer "Grill Em" beat and give it the "Kill Em" treatment Dallas style."this is D-town, call it drama town, Smith & Wesson, desert eagle..lama town". Ah... yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home